- Use the same username across all social media platforms. Also use the same profile picture. This helps people recognize you easier.
- Start a blog and update your blog once a week. You can post about other authors, yourself or anything you think your readers maybe be interested in.
- Start an author facebook page and start gaining “Likes.” The best way to do this is to post funny, visually stunning, and interesting stuff. Make sure that everything you post solidifies your brand and/or tells people a little about who you are. For example, if you like watching Star Wars, post funny Star Wars stuff. Then, when your book comes out you can mix in posts about your work. Keep posting the other stuff, but now that you have formed a connection with your audience through your likes and dislikes, they are much more likely to support you and your work.
- Join triberr.com and become a member of someone’s tribe, or a few tribes. This helps expand the reach of your blog posts. It’s like a post exchange. You can share their stuff and they can share yours.
- If your blog is separate from your website, make sure they look similar by using the same images and colors and don’t forget to link them somehow so that people can easily find one from the other.
- Join in blog hops and exchange guest posts with other authors. This helps reach new audiences, and some of them are great for writing exercises.
Well, that is my advice. Take it or leave it. I’m not exactly an expert, but I’ve been at this for over a year now and I’m just now starting to realize what it takes to reach people. Always be on the lookout for new advice and trends and keep going. It’s a tough world out there, but if you persevere, you’ll make it some day.