In the land of book marketing, blogging is an important part of expanding your reach and CONNECTING with readers. Here are some reasons you need to blog if you have a book out:
- It helps you practice writing more. You may not be writing the next best seller, but blog posts are a great way to practice your writing and improve on the craft.
- You can direct people to important blog posts easily on twitter and facebook. Posting a huge article on Facebook is not cool and posting a huge article on twitter is impossible. So, that’s why you need a blog.
- You can connect with your readers through the comments field. Also, if they like what they read, they’ll come back for more!
- CROSS PROMOTION!! Yeah. If you can host other authors on your blog, they will be mor elikely to host you in return. That expands your reach and your audience!
- It’s nice to get things off your chest every now and then. Don’t go on a rant every time you post, but sometimes it’s okay to let out a little steam.
- You can tackle important industry issues and let people know where you stand.
- It increases your discoverability. The more places you are, the more likely you are to be discovered.
Honestly, I come across authors every day who don’t have their own blog, and I find it surprising every time. Up-keeping a blog shows you are serious about expanding your platform as an author. Also, with a blog, you can participate in the upcoming Blogger Book Fair.
If you are thinking about setting up a blog I would recommend Blogger for beginners. The interface is easy to navigate and everything is simplified.
If you STILL don’t want to take the time to actually set up a blog, let me do it for you! Check out the details on my fiverr.com gig: HERE.